Tips on Master Layering
1. Limit your Layers, 3 is best
J Crew Sleeveless Ruffle Top, J Crew Leopard Cardigan, Antonio Melani Gray Cashmere Cardigan Sweater, Zara Cigarette Jeans, Stuart Weitzman Black Pumps
2. Know your Body Type: Are you an Apple, Pear, Ruler, Inverted Triangle or Hourglass. Understanding your body type helps with the most flattering layering possibilities. I suggest layer with caution when it comes to bulky items, Below I would of removed the denim shirt.
Long and Lengthy? A Ruler body type is great for the look below. Thin with no curves
3. Pair Light weight pieces under bulk
Ted Baker Fleur Jacket, Vince Camuto Aqua Sleeveless Blouse, Thalian Burgundy Leggings, Nine West Brown Mid Boots, Vintage Silk Chiffon Purple Scarf
4. Balance Layered tops under slim bottoms
Levi Strauss Blue Jacket, Pink Chiffon Buffalo Blouse, Zara Skirt, Vince Camuto Booties
6. Layer Texture
Zara Grey Metallic Knit Jacket, Elizabeth and James Feathered Vest, J Jill White Cami
Step One: Max Jeans Grey Vest, Mossimo White Tee, Prabal Gurang Prism Necklace, Zara Jeans, Stuart Weitzman Black Pumps
Step 2. Add another layer with texture, and repeat the color. Not overwhelming! La Fiorentina Fur Vest
7. Summer Dresses can be layered into Fall Style
J Crew Sparkle Sheath Dress, Nine West Booties
Added: Zara Black Knit Pullover, J Crew Black Grosgrain Belt, 5 Layer Strand of big Faux Pearls
Tool Box: Items needed for Layering
Lucky Army Vest, Lucy Black Hoody, Banana Republic Graphic Tee, Zara Jeans, Stuart Weitzman Black Pumps
J Crew Print Shell, Antonio Melani Man’s Vest, Premise Black Jacket, Vintage Scarf
Talbot’s Zebra Long Jacket, Mossimo Grey Sweater, Vince Camuto White Sleeveless Blouse, Zara Black Leggings, Stuart Weitzman Black Boots
Margaret O’Leary Black Knit Sweater, H&M Black Sheer Long Duster, J Jill White Cami, Ann Taylor White Jeans, Vince Camuto Brown Bootie, Italian Black Bag
3. Cascading Hemlines
Mossimo Knit Oatmeal Sweater, Trina Turk Taupe Silk Sleeveless Top, Zara Ivory Midi Skirt, Vince Camuto Booties
4. Sleeveless Blouses , Tees and Turtlenecks
Vince Camuto White Sleeveless Top, H&M Black Man’s Vest, Barneys New York Black Fingerless Leather Gloves, Elevenesse Black Matador Pants, Stuart Weitzman Leopard Pumps
7. Trimmings: Buy quality, don’t settle for a bad fake fur! There are good fake furs out there and I personally like Vintage Fur.
Brooks Brothers Ivory Coat, Vintage Fur Trim
8. Layer Jewelry. I enjoy adding layers of jewelry in similar colors and textures with one “off” piece. Vintage Jet Beads, Misc Strands
9. Scarves So versatile and add a splash of your favorite colors, patterns ect.
Trina Turk Black Leather Jacket, TeenFlo Vest, J Crew Taupe Chiffon Sleeveless Blouse, Vintage Limited Silk Scarf ( Circa 80″s), Zara Jeans, Stuart Weitzman Black Pumps
Infinity Scarves- Current Trend- I like it!!
Banana Republic Navy Cardigan, Mossimo Denim Shirt, Vintage Tartan Tie, Zara Black Leggings, Zara Motorcycle Boots
Layering Clothing is fun, looks very chic and stylish and fundamentally can keep you warm this Fall. Good Luck and remember the tips and work with your tool box!!